The company is a high-growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. They have developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Their platform helps major corporations, national non-profit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest-stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision-makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
A few quick facts about them:
- They have generated over $30M in revenue, with annual revenues in excess of $10M.
- Their senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Party’s most successful pollsters and strategists
- Their investors include a global sports, entertainment and marketing giant. A founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies, and a number of well-known venture capitalists.
- Current and past clients include Blackstone, Boeing, KKR, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Business Roundtable, Governor John Kasich, Congressman Conor Lamb and Republican Voters Against Trump.
- Their work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role:
As a Staff Engineer, you will lead a talented team of technologists developing high-impact b2b data products and full-stack applications. You will partner closely with the VP of Engineering and Product Manager, setting the course for the future of the company’s technology.
Who You Are
You are a veteran software developer with a mind for systems architecture. You have a long track record delivering products. You help define and enforce best practices and enjoy coaching more junior team members.
- You have 10+ years of professional software development experience
- You have ample tech leadership experience
- You have strong computer science fundamentals
- You have mastered more than one server-side language (Python, Java, Scala, etc…)
- You have extensive experience designing application data models
- You know many of the different storage products available in the market, and their strengths/weaknesses: relational dbs, Redshift, Snowflake, MongoDb, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDb, etc…
- You are a SQL expert
- You have experience with distributed computing and know the strengths/weaknesses of different frameworks
- You have DevOps experience, creating builds, CI/CD pipelines, containerization, orchestrating cloud resources, infrastructure-as-code
- You have architected many complex, distributed software systems
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator. You are expert at producing visuals for technical communication.
- Your language of choice is Python
- You have built Django apps
- You have React experience
- You are most familiar with AWS
- You have data engineering experience