They are the leading provider globally of visual effects software used by the film industry. The company’s products are used by most of the leading filmmakers and post-production houses around the world. Clients include Walt Disney, Warner Bros, Sony, Dreamworks and Pixar. The company’s award-winning software has been used to help create the effects we have all seen in many of the blockbuster films produced over the last 10+ years.
What they can offer:
They can offer a suitable Software Engineer the chance to join a market-leading organisation, as well as work with some of the most interesting technology on the market. They are looking to break new barriers in technology and are giving a chance for a suitable candidate to join their reputable team. So if you’re interested in using, experiencing and being part of the team working on some extremely interesting technology in a great market sector; then this is the role for you. You will also have the chance to work and learn from other top C++ developers.
- Architecture: As architect / engineer you are responsible for the maintenance and strategic leadership of improvement to the company’s software architecture to meet roadmap goals.
- Software design: As a senior C++ engineer / Architect, you will undertake design and implementation of high-level, complex software features.
- Management: Senior C++ developers / Architects take ownership of feature development work assigned to them. So, from time to time, you may be expected to lead other developers on the team to achieve specific architecture and feature development goals.
- Mentoring: As an experienced developer and architect, you will take an active role in bringing other developers up to speed on the source code, architecture and provide them with assistance and guidance.
- Software reviews: You will be expected to contribute to doing software reviews as and when needed.
- Build system maintenance: You will contribute to keeping the existing build system up to date to ensure the software builds successfully, particularly for software changes contributed by yourself.
- Experience of commercial software development to deadlines.
- Experience of strategic architectural maintenance and development.
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of development tools and processes.
- Familiar with the development of application frameworks.
- Experience of cross OS development including OSX, Linux and Windows.
- Good Track record of problem solving.
- Successful experience of working in a development team and mentoring junior staff.
- Good communication skills, well organised, good time management.
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded CPU and GPU programming.
- Strong familiarity with application frameworks, the 2D/3D domain including geometric modelling, 3D maths and rendering.
- Knowledge of post-production, compositing, 2D/3D applications and 2D/3D paint packages preferred.