They are the leading provider globally of visual effects software used by the film industry. The company’s products are used by most of the leading filmmakers and post-production houses around the world. Clients include Walt Disney, Warner Bros, Sony, Dreamworks and Pixar. The company’s award-winning software has been used to help create the effects we have all seen in many of the blockbuster films produced over the last 10+ years.
Role: Leading a team of QA Engineers, you will work closely with the Lead Engineer and Product Manager during the release cycle to promote quality. Through Beta programs and The Customer Support team, you will have direct contact with the artists who battle test our software. You will ensure that test plans for new features are produced and executed and will provide release reports describing the quality status. On a daily basis, you will work closely with the Lead Engineer, to prioritize and assign bugs for the engineering team. Coordinating with the systems department, you will ensure that you have adequate hardware and software resources required for cross-platform software development. You will report to the QA Manager.
- Experience in leading a team of QA / Testing Team
- Proficient with Bug tracking software (e.g. Bugzilla)
- Proficient with Release planning software (e.g. Target Process)
- Python development or similar scripting languages.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for user-interface design
- Analytic problem solving, fault finding, and troubleshooting.
- An appreciation and desire to work on cutting edge creative software in the visual effects industry.
- Excellent communication – ability to make yourself heard and present your views in a persuasive, influential way.
- Knowledge of the VFX pipeline, including shot management, conform, and client review.