The company develop some of the most innovative and world-leading products globally, operating in multiple industry sectors. They are driven by the passion to create some of the worlds’ most cutting edge technology and tools for the digital age. There systems combine industry-leading performance with scalability to ensure productive workflows for exciting and interesting industry sectors. There’s a reason they have been nominated for and won multiple innovation awards!
The company are looking for a highly technical team member who is passionate about data, have the rigour needed to solve billion-dollar problems, and possess an innate entrepreneurial spirit to explore the uncharted. Strategic Analytics combines the engineering backbone of a best-in-class Big Data Platform with the analytic expertise of advanced mining and predictive modelling. The role involves translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design. Implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing, and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into actionable deliverables across customer-facing platforms
- Degree qualified in Software Engineering, Computer science or similar
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to big data
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala and Spark
- Ability to implement workflow/schedulers within Oozie
- Hadoop technical development and implementation.
- Loading from disparate data sets. by leveraging various big data technology
- Pre-processing using Hive, Impala, Spark, and Pig
- Design and implement data modeling
- Maintain security and data privacy in an environment
- High-speed querying using in-memory technologies such as Spark.
- Production support, job scheduling/monitoring, ETL data quality, data freshness reporting
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust data workflows
- Documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities
- Experience working in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills