The SW Project Manager will be required to :
- Direct and manage development team for Design/Develop/Unit Test of work packages and sample code utilizing agile methodologies, e.g.SCRUM
- Work closely with internal Intel groups, software/hardware development and marketing teams to develop and execute Development schedules
- Estimate, plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools, Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Track project milestones and deliverables; deliver progress reports, proposals, documentation, actively manage risk and analyze results, troubleshoot problem areas.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the team and wider SW project team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Work with quality engineers to isolate root cause of defects, investigate process improvement to reduce likelihood of re-occurrence.
Minimum Relevant Industry Experience
7 Years +
Key Skills & Competences
- Min qualification BSc/ BEng in Computer/Communication/Network Engineering.
- Very strong technical knowledge in Software Development and Project Management Disciplines in an Embedded SW Development Environment.
- Understanding of programming languages such as C programming in Linux environment
- Hands on experience using Agile Development methologies
- Significant experience in planning, scheduling and tracking embedded software projects
- Experience of managing geographically-dispersed (multi-site) software projects
- Hands on experience using Agile Development methodologies
- Project configuration using Rational tools, e.g. Clearcase, Clearquest.
- Formal PM certification (PMI, Prince2 etc.).