The company is a world-leading innovator of visual effects and image processing technologies that boost productivity in motion picture and video post-production. They are an award-winning, exciting, entrepreneurial, dynamic, small company with big plans. They continue to move from strength to strength and are looking to grow their team of bright, capable, hard-working, and fun experts.
They are looking for a candidate with timeline editing experience to join the companies QA team.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be required to design test cases and execute test plans for their high-end visual effects products.
The role is not exclusively manual testing, as they maintain an in-house, automated test harness, for which you will also be responsible for creating automated tests via Python scripting.
You will also communicate with users regarding external alpha and beta programmes and support.
A range of experience from recent graduates will be considered, but they’re looking for someone with a genuine passion for the visual effects industry, computer graphics and image processing.
- A suitable QA engineer will have Manual testing experience on multiple operating systems
- Experience of After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Autodesk Flame/Flare/Smoke, Avid DS or other similar packages would be excellent
- Python development or similar scripting languages
- The QA will have a keen eye for detail and a passion for user-interface design
- Analytic problem solving, fault finding, and debugging skills
- An appreciation and desire to work on cutting edge creative software in the visual effects industry
- Well organised with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take on special projects when requested.
- Highly self motivated and a good team player.
- Experience with Bug tracking and Test Plan management software
- Experience with logging bugs using Bugzilla or similar system
- Experience with a Test Management System