They are the leading provider globally of visual effects software used in the movie industry. Their products are used by most of the leading film companies around the world. Clients include the likes of Warner Bros, Sony, Walt Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks. The company’s award-winning software has been used to help create the effects we have all seen in many of the blockbuster films produced over the last 10+ years.
What they can offer:
They can offer a suitable Software Engineer the chance to join a market-leading organisation, as well as work with some of the most interesting technology on the market. They are looking to break new barriers in technology and are giving a chance for a suitable candidate to join their reputable team. So if you’re interested in using, experiencing and being part of the team working on some extremely interesting technology in a great market sector; then this is the role for you. You will also have the chance to work and learn from other top C++ developers.
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Experience with python or other scripting languages
- Familiar with the development of application frameworks
- Experience of cross OS development including OSX, Linux and Windows
- Good track record of problem solving
- Successful experience of working in a lead or management role
- Good communication skills, well organised, good time management
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded CPU and GPU programming
- Strong familiarity with the 3D domain including geometric modeling, 3D maths and rendering.
- Experience of graphics API’s such as OpenGL or DirectX
- Knowledge of development tools and processes
- Knowledge of post production, compositing, 3D applications and 2D/3D paint packages preferred
- Knowledge of 3d Graphics (OpenGL / DirectX)
- Knowledge of post production, digital intermediates and colour grading
- Experience with Bug tracking and Test Plan management software
- Experience with logging bugs using Bugzilla or similar system.