The role will be divided up between:
- Creating innovative, cross browser HTML / XHTML pages for mobile internet sites.
- Creating mobile applications for multiple mobile operating systems.
- A wide understanding of issues to do with implementation of mobile technical solutions across handsets, including device detection and browser support is vital.
- Creating mobile applications for one or more platforms from iPhone, Android, Symbian, Blackberry/RIM and Windows.
- Where required, creating and adapting back end systems and platforms to serve mobile based front ends.
- An understanding of the issues for developing apps in mobile for the main Smartphone operating systems is also vital.
- An exceptional candidate would be someone who has experience with both mobile web and mobile application development.
- Previous experience developing mobile applications for one or more mobile operating systems.
- Experience in the creation of simple dynamic services and CMSs using scripting languages such as ASP and PHP.
- Great knowledge of mobile device recognition (e.g. WURFL and Device Atlas) and optimisation of content for the mobile channel.
- Developed mobile applications for one or more mobile platforms.
- Excellent client handling and team co-ordination skills with exposure to Prince2/Traditional Waterfall methods and Agile Development practices using Scrum, XP, TDD.
Other desirable skills include:
- Hands on experience in J2EE Technologies – Struts 2, Spring3.0, AJAX, Hibernate, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, JMS & EJB.
- Some knowledge of Application Servers, such as Oracle 10g, Weblogic 8.1, WebSphere5.0, oc4j, JBoss 4.x etc would be advantageous.
- Some knowledge of RDBMS design and experience in database development would also be useful.