A growing Cambridge based product design consultancy is looking to expand its team. Due to a highly successful year of business along with a growing client base, they are expanding the design group looking for a talented mechanical engineer to join their team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to be one of the first to join the new business and contribute to its future direction, growth and success. They should have demonstrable experience in product development in either medical or consumer products and be looking for a challenging career with a can-do approach to solving interesting mechanical challenges to a deadline.
Working as part of a creative team to design and develop innovative, appealing, manufacturable products for a wide range of clients across medical and consumer industries. If you are great at solving tricky technical challenges as part of the product development process, this is the role for you!
- Degree qualified (1st or 2:1), you should have at least 2 years’ experience in product design
- You should have skills in; mechanical engineering, mechanism development, injection moulding, materials selection, design for manufacture, mechanical analysis, as well as prototyping and CAD experience.
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Quality control, test method development, as well as practical engineering skills
- Experience working to defined timescales and deliverables
- Additional skills in business development