My client is a market leader in Location-based services; they deliver innovative solutions that allow operators to get to market quickly with leading-edge applications. They have offices in the UK and China, with distributors all over the world as well as being trusted partners with major operators globally.
To undertake responsibility for the preparation and execution of installation and on-site testing of the companies system deliverables.
Acting as the principal contact for support issues for specific customers and/or working in conjunction with other system engineers to provide support to all customers.
For the right candidate, there may also be the opportunity to take on a team coordination role to help the Operations and Support Manager direct the growth of the system engineer team.
We are looking for somebody with both Linux and database skills willing to expand on the database side to be able to configure and optimise mysql instances with replication. The person will also be asked to perform support tasks and respond to the client in case of problems.
Solid communication skills are essential.
Strong Linux/Unix skills
- Installation, configuration of Linux (CentOS), Apache, PHP, JBoss, databases, etc.
- Setup of networking equipment (routers, switches, load balancers, VPN, etc.), OS hardening, etc.
- Setup and maintain development and test platforms, continuous integration, versioning
- System dimensioning, provisioning and configuration
- Release management
- Installation of hardware and software systems at client sites and remotely
- Perform integration with multiple external systems and parties
- Participate to the maintenance of the office network and computers
- Mysql setup
- Mysql tuning and replication ideally. Alternatively, good grasp of Oracle replication. Tuning and high availability.
- Postgres experience a plus (not mandatory)
- Good customer communication skills
- Logic approach to problem solving
- Able to liaise both with clients and development team to address issues efficiently