Join a global organisation at the forefront of its’ industry, as one of the world’s leading suppliers of software solutions operating in the financial sector. The company has over 60 offices in over 40 different countries across 5 continents, with ambitions to grow even more. This is a great opportunity for ambitious individuals to join a global organisation.
Join an existing team that is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the companies Web Service tooling. This tooling (Eclipse and Visual Studio plugins) plus the associated framework is responsible for the exposure and consumption of web services from the core product. The framework is deployed in .NET and Java. This role will primarily be involved in development of the Java components.
The successful candidate will be participating in an agile environment and using solid test-driven development methodologies to deliver high-quality components. Experience with Eclipse plug-in development is essential, also good knowledge of GUI is desirable. The candidate will be enthusiastic, proactive and keen to work with the latest technologies. They will be expected to acquire a working knowledge of the system and the language which is used to deploy business logic across different technology platforms and with which the tooling interacts.
- Core Java and J2EE development experience
- Experience in commercial software development (minimum 3 years)
- Experience in web service technologies and XML
- Strong quality and test driven development ethics
- Proven experience of the delivery of complex enhancements
- Self starter able to work effectively in an Agile environment
- Experience in Eclipse plug-in development
- Knowledge of common design patterns
- GUI experience
- Experience in any of the following technologies:
- Java application servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Apache Ant, Make or other automated build processes
- Hudson continuous integration
- Dependency management using Ivy
- UML modeling
- Apache Velocity templating engine
- .NET/Visual Studio development and IIS