The company develop some of the most innovative and world-leading products globally, operating in multiple industry sectors. They are driven by the passion to create some of the worlds’ most cutting edge technology and tools for the digital age. These systems combine industry-leading performance with scalability to ensure productive workflows for exciting and interesting industry sectors. There’s a reason they have been nominated for and won multiple innovation awards!
Role and Responsibilities
As an Android Graphics Engineer you will:
- Apply AI to improve gaming performance on the companies devices
- Identify innovations to enhance the Android graphics stack to improve performance and reduce the power consumption for games.
- Develop extensions to the Android Graphics framework to enable new user experiences.
- Ownership of technical issues and resolving problems to ensure that quality and schedules are maintained.
- Technical responsibility for one or more significant sections of the assigned project.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into a detailed design.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Natural Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline.
- A proven track record in real time embedded software development, preferably for mobile devices, with an understanding of embedded development environments.
- Expertise in computer graphics with experience in design and development of software such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan or DirectX.
- Proficiency in C and C++ programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Android frameworks and experience on Android application development.
- System level performance analysis and good OS fundamentals (memory management, multithreading/synchronization, user/kernel mode interaction).
- Excellent communication, team work and a results-oriented attitude.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging.
- Exposure to Machine Learning and Neural Networks.
- Performance analysis and optimisation of real-time graphics applications.
- Experience with Android Graphics Stack (Compositor, Window manager, HWUI, HAL).
- Experience with ARM 64-bit architecture.
- Experience developing system software for Android OS
- Familiarity with CPU and GPU hardware architectures