Client is a global financial institution. They have a large R&D team based in London with some exceptional programmers – they can genuinely lay claim to have some of the worlds’ best programmers.
Client is recruiting within their trading teams for an experienced C++ and UNIX developer. This particular team has very high visibility across the business and has been a development ground for future leaders of the business – they develop an industry-leading solution for sell-side trading – this role DOES NOT require any prior financial experience.
The day to day role covers work through the entire software development life cycle – you will work very closely with a number of internal teams (your communication must be 1st rate) where you will gather and clarify business requirements hence build, deliver and maintain the software in production. The environment is very fast-paced so any applicants must be used to working in a commercially driven environment.
- Strong and extensive C and C++ development skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX including scripting
- Demonstrate professional experience of object-oriented design, using data structures, systems and applications programming
- Database design experience desirable
- Multi-threaded programming skills desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Finance experience not essential
- Knowledge of any of the different flavours of UNIX such as Solaris, Linux or AIX
Other desirable skills include:
- Buy-side/Sell-side Order Management system experience
- Project management experience