Operating in the gaming/gambling sector, predominantly developing betting products providing software and services worldwide. A highly successful organisation with a good reputation within the industry, developing products for industry-leading customers.
My client requires intelligent and motivated young developers looking to rapidly increase their skills and personal development within a like-minded team. Working in a collaborative environment you will be given a good deal of on the job training with exciting prospects for career development.
Their primary development language is Python, although prior experience of working with Python is not necessary. They look for candidates with a flair for programming and problem-solving. Cross-training from C++ or Java will be conducted in house, by some of the most experienced Python developers in the UK.
Additionally, a suitable candidate requires a good knowledge of UNIX (Linux), networking and preferably some transactional database experience. Preferably you would also have come from a Science or Engineering background. Most of all you will need a passion for computing and a willingness to work hard and learn. Successful candidates won’t necessarily have the full skill set, but will show a real desire to develop and challenge themselves every day.
- Experience in either Python, Java, Perl, C++ or any other scripting language
- Working knowledge of UNIX ( Linux) or Oracle
- Demonstrate experience of working in an object-oriented environment
- 2:1 degree level or higher in a relevant course (e.g. computer science or engineering) from a reputable University
- Very strong results at A-Level or equivalent, particularly in a subject such as Maths