They can offer a suitable Web developer the chance to join a market-leading organisation, as well as work with some of the most interesting technology on the market. They are looking to break new barriers in technology and are giving a chance for a suitable candidate to join their reputable team. So if you’re interested in using, experiencing and being part of the team working on some extremely interesting technology in a great market sector; then this is the role for you. You will also have the chance to work and learn from other experts within this team.
The role is working with a team of 4 primarily focussed on day to day helpdesk queries acting as first and second-line support within the SysAdmin team.
Every day will be different but you would be expected to answer tickets, provide support to 150 internal users including software developers and the broader engineering team who work on a variety of OS such as Linux, Windows and OSX.
Working in a highly technical environment you will need to be able to learn quickly and adapt in a growing, fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial software development firm.
You will need at least one to two years of experience installing, using and maintaining Linux workstations and servers and experience with TCP/IP Ethernet LAN setup and maintenance.
You will need to demonstrate strong communication, customer service and teamwork skills and be up for and able to travel, with occasional trips to the LA office likely.
- Good Linux (Redhat/Centos/Debian/Ubuntu) skills on x86 – at least 50% of role will be linux focussed·
- TCP/IP Ethernet Networking, routing and switching ·
- Knowledge of Intel x86 Workstation and Server Hardware ·
- Knowledge of the network services: DNS, Apache, FTP, SMTP, IMAP, NFS, Samba·
- Shell scripting
- Experience of Mac and Windows workstation installation and maintenance, firewalls, LDAP.
- Python would be beneficial.