My client is a market leader in Location-based services; they deliver innovative solutions that allow operators to get to market quickly with leading edge applications. They have offices in the UK and China, with distributors all over the world as well as being trusted partners with major operators globally.
What they can offer:
This company will give a successful candidate the chance to work with some of the leading players within the telecommunications industry, using cutting edge technologies on some exciting projects. They can offer the opportunity to work within a leading consultancy business that has a global reputation for excellence and quality and to join a rapidly growing team in a diverse, friendly and exciting environment.
Whilst working within the team, a successful C++ / SS7 will have experience with telecommunication protocols as well as experience with Boost / Posix and STL with strong Linux experience. The candidate is expected to be able to take ownership of particular project elements or complete projects themselves and meet the requirements of them. As such, the person needs to be capable of taking personal responsibility for the delivery of quality code within project deadlines
- Proficient in C++, Boost / Posix libraries
- SS7 signalling experience (SCCP, MAP) with any SS7 stack (Dialogic, Ulticom, Tieto, etc.) – minimum of 2 years in a development role
- Experience in the Telecommunications sector
- 3 years’ experience minimum
- Database experience (Postgresql, MySQL etc.)
- Educated to BSc level as a minimum
Good and Nice to have:
- Real time software development, multithreading, etc.
- Good general telco knowledge
- Further protocols: M3UA, TCAP, IS41, BSSMAP
- Good at understanding telecoms standards (3GPP).
- Experience of working with Dialogic stack
- XML parsing/encoding
- Linux scripting
- Google C++ Test Framework
- Masters in Software Engineering a bonus