Our Client is a world leading IPTV innovator bringing new and exciting entertainment technologies to a global market. With over 850 customers spread over 85 countries our client is one of the leaders in their field securing important partnerships with global venders. They are working on cutting edge products and new technologies in some of the most exciting emerging markets.
Working in the Hardware Engineering department in UK, the primary focus of the role is the development of production test systems for testing/validation of IP Set-Top Box (STB) products, from initial prototype, through factory installation/training to subsequent product life cycle maintenance. The secondary focus of the role is to support the in-house validation and compliance testing (CE/FCC/Safety) of products and components. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer with ambition to tackle challenging technical problems whilst simultaneously developing new skills on state of the art technologies.
- Ability to read schematics, architect production test solutions to meet DFM/DFT requirements
- Experience with developing Production Test Systems
- Experience with programming/setup/use of programmable test instruments used for Production testing (GPIB based, NI PXI cards etc)
- Experience on hardware validation, root cause failure analysis and compliance Testing (CE/FCC/Safety)
- Experience of scripting tools such as Teraterm
- Understanding of RF, Analogue, High speed Digital Circuits in relation to test development; understanding of hardware test requirements for volume manufacture, test and RMA.
- Experience with test equipment like DMM, Scope, Logic Analyser, Spectrum Analysers