What they can offer:
They can offer a suitable Researcher the chance to join a market-leading organisation, as well as work with some of the most interesting technology on the market. They are looking to break new barriers in technology and are giving a chance for a suitable candidate to join their reputable team. So if you’re interested in using, experiencing and being part of the team working on some extremely interesting technology in a great market sector; then this is the role for you.
As a Research Engineer, you are responsible for investigating, implementing and testing algorithms to prototype and create new tools for film post-production. You are responsible for solving and timely delivery of assigned tasks to develop existing and new products and meet the requirements for ongoing research projects. You will report to the Head of Research.
You will work with the research team to develop the code base for 2D and 3D image and geometry processing. You will be expected to direct problem-solving in your assigned tasks and participate in developing the research direction in the team. As a research engineer, you will have the opportunity to attend national and international research meetings and conferences. You will also be encouraged to play an active role in communicating with and visiting customers to understand and share requirements and proposed solutions
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Proven track record of problem solving and algorithm development in C++.
- Recent PhD in computer vision, graphics or image processing.
- Strong understanding of the 2D/3D domain.
- Track record of international publication.
- Creative problem-solving and a logical approach.
- Ability to handle a number of projects at any one time, well organised with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- A genuine interest in the VFX industry and film with an appreciation and desire to work on cutting edge creative software in the visual effects industry.