My client is the developer of an Academy Award® winning visual-effects software application for planar motion tracking and rotoscoping. It is used by more than 75,000 artists worldwide and has been used on a multitude of high-profile movies including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, The Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man and Black Swan.
My client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with strong experience in C++ and CUDA. You will work with their diverse R&D team to advance state of the art technology in computer vision, leading to real world advances in the tools visual effects artists use to create compelling visual stories.
- Architecture and implementation of GPU-accelerated motion tracking and other computer vision algorithms.
- Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of C++ and CUDA code on our Academy Award winning visual effects software application.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience of commercial software development to deadlines
- A passion for C++ and OOD with knowledge of C++ development tools and processes
- Good track record of problem solving
- Good communication skills, well organised, self-motivated, and good time management
- Experience using CUDA on a commercial product, ideally for image processing or computer vision tasks. Relevant experience in the games industry would be welcomed.
- Knowledge of post production, compositing and 3D applications
- Experience of cross OS development including Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
- Knowledge of 3D graphics and rendering technologies
- Python, Qt, Multi-threaded applications, OpenGL