A leading provider of specialist communication solutions to Enterprise and Government markets, whose products are designed and developed solely in-house. Operating in a global market whose solutions can be found in multiple blue-chip customers worldwide.
- Working in a small development team, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of software development (requirements capture to post-development support). Potentially involving:
- Software analysis and design using OO methodology (UML).
- Development of C and C++ embedded software.
- Code review.
- Unit and acceptance testing.
- Debugging new hardware.
Essential skills and experience:
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle.
- 3-5 years experience in software development with a solid background in developing embedded software using C and C++.
- Designing multi-threaded / multi-process embedded RTOS (MontaVista, QNX etc.)
- In-depth TCP/IP and networking protocols.
- Ability to debug new hardware using debuggers (GDB/JTAG).
- Working knowledge of Objected Oriented analysis and software design.
- Effective communicator at all levels – both written and verbal.
- SC security clearance.
- Working knowledge of PowerQUICC devices.
- Experience of BSP development.
- Knowledge of development toolchains (GNU).
- Experience of developing cryptographic products.
- Serial bus design, e.g. I2C, SPI, and USB.
- Project leadership experience.
- Ideally Engineering degree / HND in Computing.