Our Client is a world leading IPTV innovator bringing new and exciting entertainment technologies to a global market. With over 850 customers spread over 85 countries our client is one of the leaders in their field securing important partnerships with global venders. They are working on cutting edge products and new technologies in some of the most exciting emerging markets.
A successful embedded c developerwill be involved the development of embedded software for IPTV set top boxes, including the development of both current and future technologies. Within this role you will be involved in various technologies in a broad spectrum including, personal video recorder, high-definition contact, graphics, communication protocols, codes and adaptive streaming support. AS a senior engineer you will be responsible for giving direction to more junior staff ensuring that various projects run smoothly.
- Embedded development experience
- Strong C programming skills
- Experience of using Linux
- DVB / MPEG / IPTV
- Understanding of communications / network protocols e.g. Ethernet , RTSP , IGMP , TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience developing multi – threaded applications utilising sockets interfaces
- Device driver development
- Experience Video over IP / Set-top box technology
- Experience of agile development, especially using Scrum