The company is a world-leading innovator of visual effects and image processing technologies that boost productivity in motion picture and video post-production. They are an award-winning, exciting, entrepreneurial, dynamic, small company with big plans. They continue to move from strength to strength and are looking to grow their team of bright, capable, hard-working, and fun experts.
This position requires someone with customer support or similar customer liaison experience in a small but busy environment. You will need to have experience of taking customer calls and emails following internal procedures and protocols. You will need to be a team player and be able to take instruction and direction from the Senior Customer Support Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solve customer licensing issues and general support tickets.
- Test and troubleshoot customer issues and provide solutions, workarounds or escalation to support/engineering if needed.
- Proactively stay up-to-date with new technologies that affect the company’s products.
- Prioritise issues and keep customers up-to-date on the progress of any issues they have logged with us.
- Recognise and escalate difficult technical issues with the Senior Customer Support Engineer.
- Stay up-to-date on all the company’s products and host systems to which The company’s products are presently supported.
- Prioritise both time and projects and keep the Senior Customer Support Engineer up-to-date on progress and deadlines.
- Create FAQ articles.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Excellent Written and Verbal English
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
- Good technical skills in at least one of the following operating systems; Windows, Linux or Mac OSX.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- A keen interest in Visual Effects.
- Ability to take on special projects when requested.
- Highly self motivated and a good team player.
- A degree in Maths/Physics/Computer Science or similar numerate subject or experience reflecting the requirements of the position.
- 1-2 + years in a Customer Support or Customer Liaison position.
- Good technical skills in any of the following applications; Final Cut Pro, Avid DS, Nuke, Adobe After Effects, Autodesk FFFIS, Shake and/or Fusion.
- Experience working with the OTRS ticketing system or similar.
- Salesforce CRM experience.
- Experience with FLEXlm and/or RLM licensing.
- Experience of python and/or C++ programming languages
- Experience with logging bugs using Bugzilla or similar system.