My client is a world leader in creating visual effects software for the film industry and they boast a very impressive client list. They are an award-winning, exciting, entrepreneurial, dynamic, small company with big plans. They continue to move from strength to strength and are looking to grow their team of bright, capable, hard-working, and fun experts.
Examples of the sort of thing you’ll be working on are crash reporting (C++) and analysis (SQL/PHP), automated testing technologies (Python/C++), build (perl) continuous build, and source control. It’s likely you’re a technology all rounder who wants to be part of the bigger picture of software development. Whilst you’re capable of performing as a C++ engineer on a single product, you want to produce internal tools that affect entire product ranges. If you enjoy disparate tasks and technologies, this is the role for you!
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong Python development experience
- Web experience, including one of SQL, and a web scripting language (e.g. PHP/ Python)
- Cross platform (At least two of Windows, OSX, Linux) development, with good
- knowledge of what happens under the hood (threads, shared libraries, etc)
- Source control skills (CVS, SVN, Perforce, git)
- Experience with continuous integration (esp. Jenkins/Hudson)
- Opinions on software pipeline, from feature development to maintenance
- Experience of automated testing technologies