The company is a world-leading innovator of visual effects and image processing technologies that boost productivity in motion picture and video post-production. They are an award-winning, exciting, entrepreneurial, dynamic, small company with big plans. They continue to move from strength to strength and are looking to grow their team of bright, capable, hard-working, and fun experts.
My client is looking for a candidate with python and automated testing experience to join the development team.
As an automated test engineer, you’ll be working on the maintenance and development of The Foundry’s automated test harness in Python, supporting the QA engineers who use it, spanning different products.
A range of experience from recent graduates will be considered, but we’re looking for someone with a genuine passion for the visual effects industry, computer graphics and image processing.
- Automated testing experience on multiple operating systems
- Excellent Python skills, including threading and process control
- Experience of at least two of Linux, OSX, and Windows
- Analytic problem solving, fault finding, and debugging skills
- The ability to span multiple projects simultaneously
- A keen eye for detail.
- Analytic problem solving, fault finding, and debugging skills.
- An appreciation and desire to work on cutting edge creative software in the visual effects industry
- Well organised with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take on special projects when requested.
- Highly self motivated and a good team player.
- Experience of C++
- Experience with logging bugs using Bugzilla or similar system
- Experience of cross platform testing.
- VFX pipeline experience.
- Shell scripting on Windows or Posix systems
- Good technical skills in any of the following applications; Final Cut Pro, Avid DS, Nuke, Adobe After Effects, Autodesk FFFIS, Shake and/or Fusion.